Acne-prone skin can be challenging, but I have found that my products work wonderfully to clear problem skin.
What causes my skin to breakout?
- Comedogenic ingredients that are contained in over-the-counter skincare products. These ingredients can not only be clogging but can also be extremely irritating to your skin.
- Discontinuing use of products once skin is cleared. Although it seems that they appear overnight, it takes 90 days for a blemish to form. Continued use of the products after your skin is completely clear will keep blemishes from getting out of control again. The continued use of products over time will even stop the formation of blemishes under the surface of the skin.
- Using the wrong cosmetics can greatly affect the skin. Many cosmetics on the market can clog, irritate and break-out your skin. Please click on the following link for a list of Acne safe cosmetics.
How can I clear my skin and prevent future break outs?
- Allow your skin to acclimate to the products. This simply means allowing your skin to get used to the products. You will start with 5% BPO Lotion. This % is usually not strong enough to clear your skin, but you need to start out with a lower % and work up from there for the least amount of discomfort to your skin.
- Give your skin time to clear and don’t give up. It will take approximately 60 to 90 days to completely clear your skin. This will be a process, but I assure you that you can have clear, healthy skin. I am here for you and will happily assist you in any way I can!
- Prepare yourself for the clearing process. Your skin will need to go through some drying and peeling for it to clear. This helps to clean out the impacted pores, which cause blemishes to form. You may experience some tightness and see redness while you are in the clearing process. Do not be alarmed, this is normal.
- DO NOT pick at your skin. This can cause scarring. Although scarring may occur even if you don’t pick, picking can make it worse. Contact me, and I can either do extractions, or show you the proper way to clean out the blemish.
- Do an ice treatment before applying BPO lotion in the evening. This enables the BPO lotion to penetrate more deeply. To do the treatment, after you have exfoliated and cleansed the skin at night, pat your face dry, and rub an ice cube for 1 to 3 minutes all over your skin then apply BPO lotion as directed. You can do this every night, depending on how fast you want to clear.
- Follow your prescribed facial routine every day both in the morning and evening.
The proper routine is as follows:
- Morning routine
- Cleanse – Tierny Tassler Skincare Cleanser – Gentle or Regular
- Protect – Moisturizer SPF 30
- Clear – BPO Lotion 5%
- Evening routine
- Exfoliate – Tierny Tassler Skincare Exfoliant – Gentle or Regular
- Cleanse – (if you wear make-up)
- Clear – BOP Lotion 5%
- Hydrate – Clarifying Hydrator
- Morning routine
Other products you may benefit from using are:
- Eye Gel – or – Eye Cream
- AHA Refining Serum