What causes sun damaged skin?
- Not protecting skin by using sunscreen. Even if you are not actually out in the sun, you should use sunscreen daily, 365 days a year. Even if you are just going from your house to your car.
- Over-exposure to the sun for prolonged periods. Exposure during peak times of the day (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) can cause serious sun damage. Over Exposure can also result in hyper pigmentation (dark, flat spots on the skin) which causes your skin to look freckled, mottled and uneven.
How can I heal my sun damaged skin and prevent further damage?
- Exfoliate daily. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells, causing your skin to look brighter and helps to improve hyper pigmentation. It also causes all of your skincare products to work better!
- Protect your skin. Use sunscreen daily, 365 days a year. This helps to not only lighten the hyper pigmentation, but to prevent it as well.
- Use the proper serum daily. Serums help to prevent and heal sun damage and dark spots.
- Ensure you are using the correct facial products in the correct order both in the morning and evening.
- Cleanse- Tierny Tassler Skincare Cleanser for your skin type
- Repair- Pro Vitalize or Vitamin C Serum or Mandelic Serum
- Protect- Moisturizer w/SPF 30
- Exfoliate Tierny Tassler Skincare Exfoliant for your skin type
- Cleanser-if wearing makeup for your skin type
- Repair- Pro Vitalize or Vitamin C Serum or Mandelic Serum or BPO Lotion (Breakout-prone) or Moisture Sealant Cream (Normal/Dry) or Clarifying Hydrator (normal/oily)
Other products you may enjoy:
- Eye Cream
- Eye Gel
- Tonic Mist
- Clay Masks (normal/oily) or Soothing Moisture/Mask (normal/dry)
- Glycolic and/or Papaya Enzyme Peel Kit